Monday, December 18, 2017

Just Keep Swimming

Okay so sorry my people for not writing in ages. Last week was transfers and our pday switched to Monday so we didn't have one last week. Everything is basically still the same. I'll be with Sister Evaga, with the assignment at welfare square till the end. Speaking of Welfare square, last Monday Donald Trump came to WS with Elder Eyring and Elder Nelson. No..we didn't take the President of the United States on a tour. I am okay with that. 

We thought of a new theme this transfer to help the sisters because of the crowds of people and focusing on the one individual. It's like an ocean and we want the sisters to focus on the right things, find the anchors to their souls and not just stay afloat. So we are encouraging them to, "Just keep swimming" and being focused on finding Nemo or finding the one person who really needs our help and testimonies. It's something that is helping me personally to continue to work hard these next couple weeks. 

Before transfer changes happened we had a Christmas breakfast as a zone in our jammies and I read Christmas stories to everyone. I felt like a little old lady grandma. "You are Special," and "The Christmas Orange." I love how much they tie into the gospel and apply to us as missionaries! Read them and weep my friends! Shoutout to my my sister and brother-in-law for sending me Christmas decorations so our home can be festive and homey.





Everyone I talk to here when I say I'm from North Dakota: "Oh this weather here is warm for you isn't it?" ha ha. But the nice warm air here in Salt Lake is full of service and Light the World is all over Temple Square and the earth. This past week, little kids came up to us while we were singing carols outside as a group and gave us candy canes. Sweetest thing. And yesterday a ward nearby brought our mission dinner and food bags for us to make our own dinners. That's huge because there are 198 sisters here. I see little things like this everyday and it makes me so happy that there are so many people still keeping the spirit of the Savior in the season. 

We also went to the Christmas devotional and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert at the conference center. Sutton Foster and Hugh Bonneville were guest performers. It was INCREDIBLE. There was a performance with 3 drummers playing "I saw three ships," with the Organist. Rattled my soul. Also Sutton Foster sang Sunshine on my Shoulder by John Denver. It was so beautiful I melted.

Elder Ballard came and spoke to us in Sacrament meeting. He said that when you wake up every morning I hope and pray that you do not murmur. That hit home for a lot of the sisters here, what many needed I think. He shared stories of the pioneers and reminded us of what the early members of the church went through. It's so easy to throw a pity party but it does no one any good. 
Also I've been thinking and seeing lately that anything we selfishly keep we really end up losing in the eternal aspect of things. But those things that we freely give, Heavenly Father will freely give his blessings to us. The concept of sacrifice has been a beautiful thing throughout this Christmas season. 
During our zone leader council this week, I got to Roleplay with president Risenmay so that was fun. He and sister Risenmay will be leaving two weeks before I go home so we are all soaking in the time we have left with them. 
I was studying about testimonies this week and came across the quote from president Thomas s monson: 
“Regarding one’s testimony, remember, that which one willingly shares he keeps, while that which he selfishly keeps he loses. … Teach and testify. There is no better combination.”
–Elder Thomas S. Monson
Service, sharing what we know to be true, light, Christmas oranges. It's all so much better when shared. 

Love you all, have a Merry Christmas! 
Sister Felix from Nigeria. In my zone and roommate, also secretly a troll doll hahah

Every Saturday Sister Evaga and I are with Sisters from the MTC going to different visitor center missions. They spend the day at Temple Square with other sisters to get a good experience. It was a small group this week so we took a foto.


No comments:

Post a Comment