Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Land that I love

My favourite holiday has come and gone. And another week of sharing the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Joseph Smith said, 
"am bold to declare before Heaven that am just as ready to die in defending the rights of Presbyterian, Baptist, or good man of any other denomination [as for Mormon]; for the same principle which would trample upon the rights othe Latter-day Saints would trample upon the rights of the Roman Catholics, or of any other denomination who may be unpopular and too weak to defend themselves. 
It is love of liberty which inspires my soul civil and religious liberty to the whole of the human race.”

Joseph Smith also said, "A man filled with the love of God is not content with blessing his family alone, but ranges through the whole world, anxious to bless the whole human race." What a beautiful thing. Because God prepared this country and the hearts of the people, a place of religious freedom  --A country founded on Godly morals, we were able to receive the fullness of Jesus Christ's gospel. We have been blessed to live in a place where we can worship freely, live according to the morals we believe in, and we have the freedom to share these truths with all who will listen. This talk is wonderful I read it yesterday. a wonderful way to begin my 4th of July. I reccomend 10/10. https://www.lds.org/liahona/2015/05/sunday-afternoon-session/preserving-agency-protecting-religious-freedom.p1?lang=eng
I also loved sharing the story of Moroni and the title of Liberty with people who we spoke with yesterday. 
Alma 48: 11"And Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of perfect understanding; yea, a man that did not delight in bloodshed; a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren from bondage and slavery." 
46:12 "and it came to pass that he rent his coat; and he took a piece thereof, and wrote upon it--In memory of our God, our religion, and freedom, and our peace, our wives, and our children--and he fastened it upon the end of a pole."
Former missionaries may recognize her from the training videos we watch in the first 12 weeks, The District. Sisters in my own district met her.
I had the opportunity to see my own family yesterday. It was wonderful to be with them all at the place where my own family began, where my parents were married. It felt so good to be able to share in the spirit together with the peace and knowledge that through challenges and heartache and the opposition of life, we can always be together. A truth that I get to share with other families and more of the human race. Thanks again family for coming. I love you all! 
Sister Smith (New Zealand) trying to convince her to come to BYU so I can have her around always, Sister Stahle from Finland. At MLC.

This week summed up: There were many other wonderful miracles and contacts and tours this week that have left my heart feeling stuffed full and happy. We had missionary leadership council. I have a hardworking, beautiful inside and out companion. I had the opportunity to take my Dad's coworkers on a tour. I have been having exchanges with the sisters in my district. I got to see my beautiful, crazy family. I am where God wants me and I am proud to be an American but more importantly I am proud to be a child of God. He loves you all! Press forward with faith! 
Left to right Sister Ashton(Canada), Sister MacFarlane (AK), Sister Tuttle(CA), Sister Peireira(Brasil), Sister Sigaran(El Salvador), Smith and Stahle (above mentioned) @ MLC


To see fotos with family ask the Cox family members.

I love you all more than you know and am grateful the impact you have had in my life, Grande ou pouco. 
Sister Cox

 

No comments:

Post a Comment