Wednesday, July 19, 2017

OLA

Oi tudo bem 
Hi how are you all? 
  • This week was an oven here in Zion and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We've taken a LOT of tours this week and have met a lot of wonderful, cranky, tired, interesting and interested people this week. 
  • I continue to teach, take tours and testify in my sleep and my companion started taking sleeping pills and I started praying every night that I won't sleep talk so that we can both get some better sleep at night..haha. 
  • The Mormon Tabernacle Choir had their annual Pioneer concert in the Conference Center and Alex Boye was there performing as well. No, we didn't get to go. But we will be able to watch the Pioneer Day Parade next Monday! 
  • Our wonderful investigator who lives here in Salt Lake, Garrett is on Date to be baptized in September and he is a wonderful example of so many of the people in this world searching for truth and acting upon it when they find it. He reminds me a lot of Kleiton, who Sister Gomes and I met here in Salt Lake my first months here.
  • We are preparing a training for Zone Conference this week on studying effectively and holy goodness I am so glad I came on a mission because I have been able to improve my study habits a lot. This may sound lame outside of the mission bubble, but I don't care I'm positive it will help. For those in school or starting school soon, try opening your studies for classes with an opening prayer as well as in your own personal scripture study. Let me know if it changes anything. 

"For he that diligently seeketh shall find; and the mysteries of God shall be unfolded unto them, by the power of the Holy Ghost, as well in these times as in times of old, and as well in times of old as in times to come; wherefore, the course of the Lord is one eternal round." 1 Nephi 10:19
  • This has become one of my favourite scriptures to share on our tour-lessons/lesson-tours. Everything here comes from God. It testifies of him. Art, genetics, fruit, babies, hot showers, knowledge. God is so consistently here and as we seek Him out, to find and really know Him and the Savior, He will show us little pieces of ourselves, the world, and their teachings through the power of the Holy Ghost. Skittle by skittle.
Speaking of mystery I think a lot of you humans that I know have passed by sneaky or even not so sneaky through Temple Square without me bumping into you and I have to say I am grateful because it would be too sad to see you and say goodbye so quickly again. But I LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL SEE YOU SOON. Thank you for all of your prayers and words that help lift me up every week.

Bon Dia 
Love,
Sister Cox

I'm so sorry I never post pictures of anyone I meet other than myself & Sisters here, but I just don't really take pictures with people I meet. 1. The moment is more important to me than the picture. and 2. Most people coming around probably would be comfortable having their picturing flying around a bunch of emails. Privacy is a neat thing. :) 
But here are a few pics of a few things that have happened with the Sisters this week:
Took mission pictures in the Tabernacle. Stay posted for the official picture later on


Sister Kitchen from Massachusetts, her heart is even bigger than her eyes

A game we played during our zone activity, only a certain amount of body parts could be touching the ground. 
 Sister Semenova and I on overnight exchanges at our very best. :)
District Activity! We went to different Temple grounds and had a picnic and just bonded over fresh air and french fries.


No comments:

Post a Comment