Monday, September 11, 2017

FB

Not an easy week but C'est la vie!! We went to pieology for lunch this week and there is a wall full of quotes so I am going to share them. 

"The miracle is this - the more we share the more we have." -Leonard Nimoy

Okay so to help explain a little bit more about facebook:
Because we are just beginning to use it and figure out the best way to use, our mission president is pretty relaxed about it and letting us decide the limits of use and how we use it. But to help you to know how to help me stay focused here are some things to tell you folks about how I'll be using it :
-We are using facebook to post uplifting messages, stay in contact with members in our wards and people we are teaching. 
-However, a really neat thing, we are able to teach and be part of lessons with friends and family members back home  through facebook, messenger and the video chat now. I'll let that soak in for a bit. 
- I can respond to posts and messages from friends and family on pdays. 
- We won't be very in tune with the timeline so, if I get back and you're like "don't you know about this? you have facebook, I posted it a while back," I will probably have no idea. We are not spending time scrolling through the feed, and I will probably not be liking or loving any posts I see. But I hope you know I still like and love you. :)
-Temple Square has also begun to use Facebook so I will be using it the rest of my mission. 
-Yes, it's been weird seeing people's faces that I haven't seen in over a year and finding out people are engaged and married and moved and just different. And yes I have LOVED being away from the social media world for a while. But I know that this technology has been given from God to help us to be a positive impact in the world and share the gospel in ways we could have never imagined before. So mostly I am just grateful. :)

Comp with a member's bunny. She had no idea how to hold it. haha
Annd the rest of the week
We had zone conference up in seaside on Friday and it was wonderful. President Hunt- my mission President here- is great at communicating to us in an organized way how we can improve as missionaries.

This week we had a lot of less active and part member family lessons. One of the sweetest families we have been seeing have 2 boys and a girl and their souls are just so sweet and deep. Their thoughts are also all over the place so it's hard to keep the focus during the lesson, but we managed with questions and videos and fun stuff. One of the younger boys told me, "you can come back every day and play soccer with us. We get out of school at 2:29." My heart I love those kids.
Here is a drawing they made of the plan of salvation, haha:)








We also met these two guys this week, Ben and Abraham. Named after some pretty cool people. They were so chill and just these huge guys. My companion and I are short okay, so we were a bit intimidated when we first saw them but WE FEAR NO MAN. (<---from the Ricciardi Letter) So we talked to them and they are so good hearted, love God, both are single dads but just putting important things on the backburner. We shared the restoration with them and Abraham has quite a few questions so we'll teach him more this week. 

Peggy is so close to baptism. Peggy had a stroke a couple years ago and it majorly affected her speech. She has recovered so well, but she still has a hard time communicating. But she has been so brave in coming to church and communicating her thoughts and feelings and has told her son (who hates mormons) that she has been going to church with us, she reads and soaks up the Book of Mormon everyday. She is just having a difficult time with questions she has. So this week we're just taking a step back to help answer her questions, read together and help her strengthen her faith. We are praying for her to committ!! We've been fasting a couple times too. But it's up to the Lord to decide if and when she is ready. .."and [they] baptized all those whom Jesus had chosen." (3 Nephi 19:12)

Hiking this morning with the Elders in our zone
I love the Lord and grateful for the trust He has in me to allow me to teach people about Him and the part He has in God's plan for all of us. I am so weak, so imperfect and so very far from being like him, but I am grateful for the opportunity to learn how and feel so close to Him here on my mission. 

Today is a good day to remember Him, to remember 9/11, and to remember all of those people who are going through a lot. Hurricanes, fires, floods, typhoones, everyone's saying it, but you can blame it on global warming or maybe the second coming. ;)  All will be well if we build our foundation on the Lord. Helaman 5:12

Have a great week all you

Sister Cox

Hiking this morning with the Elders in our zone

Quote wall at Pieology :)


No comments:

Post a Comment