Monday, September 18, 2017

Believe ye that I am able to do this?

Hey hey, 
Here is the quote of the week from pieology: reputation is what men and women think of us; character is what God and angels know of us. -thomas paine
We had a special sister pday today where we all gathered for a talent show, testimonies sharing, and we all wore something that starts with the letter p. How cute huh? 
I decided to randomly cut my hair this week. I have been thinking about it for months & am loving the feeling because I am finding more and more that I am able to detach myself from temporary human things and it's neat. Will it really matter in 1000 years what happens to my hair? It's a good question to ask about a lot of things. See this video, it's real good: https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/hope-works/how-one-question-puts-life-in-more-perspective-stephen-jones
Just a pile of my ramen noodles

Anyway, this week was wonderful. My heart is full of love and we feel the spirit working through us everyday. Somehow it still feels like the beginnings of fall here, even without the changing leaves:) 


We had exchanges this week and I was with Hermana Brooks again. We were volunteering at a thrift store and we were putting out the Halloween costumes. Can't believe it's already almost OCTOBER!
I'll just share a quick scripture I came across this week. Our mission is reading the Book of Mormon in 90 days and I'm almost done but it's so sweet reading this time around. 
"And whosoever shall believe in my name, doubting nothing, unto him will I confirm all my words even unto the ends of the earth." mormon 9:25 
Even unto the ends of the earth. Friends, I know this was written a little before the time of Christopher Columbus, but there is no end of the earth. He will confirm his words FOREVER. A big ol sphere of answers are coming our way, we just gotta have a little faith and patience. I have also been going quickly through the new testament and 3 nephi 11 to look at the questions that Jesus asked because they are always en punto. But one I really loved is in Matt 8. 
"Believe ye that I am able to do this?" 
I like em


This is also kind of timely because Peggy has been sick all week and one of the members came over to give her a blessing and it was a cool experience, helping her to understand the priesthood and faith a little more. But just something to ponder in life everyday:
Do you believe he is able to heal you? To fix your heart? To pass a test? To fix a relationship? To help you find direction? 
I want to think about that more often act on that faith. Goodness I love Him.
Have a great week! Love always
Sister Cox


Our district, such a blend of funny personalities haha



A stop at In N Out, we didn't want to wait to dig into our food so we just took a happy picture there while eating. 


No comments:

Post a Comment