Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Take care of your colds

This week we had a lot of exchanges so I got to know the Sisters in our zone a lil better and will continue to throughout these next couple weeks. Can't believe Thanksgiving is already next week.. This mission kind of has a lot on the plate, a lot to do, so many people we talk to everyday, (which is a HUGE blessing, but can get tiring at times) a lot of routine and many of the Sisters get really stressed out and need help coping with a lot of things. So often as zone leaders our missionary work involves helping these wonderful Sisters have the strength and guidance that they need to not only have success in this work but also to find joy in it. It's a humbling experience. 
Our zone training meeting this week, the district leaders gave wonderful trainings. And we feasted on excellent food made by all the sisters. one a professional chef.
So in our special Temple Square sister missionary Sacrament meetings that start at 7:30 in the mern, the Sisters who are going home soonish are usually the ones giving the talks. I'll be giving mine next week.....so crazy. Also for those of you who don't know when I am coming home I arrive home the 24th of January in Bismarck, ND. We don't need to think about that yet, but I figure a lot are going to be asking about it in the next few months so I'd rather just let you know now, ok? :) onward. 
We had a zone service project this week and went to help out at Days For Girls. They sew feminine hygiene kits to send all over the world. People always think to give money, food, water, but do they think about those poor women and girls having periods without anything. This is such a beautiful foundation and I want to look into it more after my mission. 

This week re-read the talk "The Truth of All Things" from the Priesthood session of General Conference in October and what he wrote in his journal on his mission really struck a chord with my soul: 
“ I have pledged with my Father in Heaven and with myself to do my very best, to give it 100 percent for the rest of my life, whatever I am asked, I'll do, but for now I have the rest of my mission and I am going to make it a great mission, one that I won't feel bad about, but not for me, for the Lord. I love the Lord, and I love the work, and I just pray that that feeling will never leave me. " -Elder David F. Evans
Panos don't always catch the most accurate depictions eh? Some of the sisters in our zone.
I also pray that feeling will NEVER leave me. I have felt such a fullness being here on my mission that I have found no where else and I am so grateful for that time. But it doesn't just have to be here, that feeling goes everywhere because it's the Holy Ghost and the power of the Atonement that fills the holes, and blows me up like a balloon. But I have to work at it sometimes to keep it, even on a mission. And I was thinking this week, you know how if you run when you start to get a cold it can help to prevent the cold? TBH that's the time in my life when I DEFINITELY don't want to work out, I just want to be a bum. But that's kind of how prayer is sometimes, the times when we don't want to pray, are probably the times when we need to most. Am I right? It's cold season, so drink lots of water, get enough sleep and workout even when you don't want to and pray when you don't want to okay?  Mom, I know you're reading this, so thank you for teaching me everything I know. Love you. 
We got to go the dress rehearsal for "Savior of the World," it's a musical about the Savior's birth and resurrection and starts during the Christmas season at the conference center. It's beautiful would recommend. My comp and I right before. 
Our investigators are doing great. A family in Florida is going to get baptized soon, we have some really wonderful investigators preparing for baptism. And our investigator here who I met before out bound is still on the right track, but he lives with his girlfriend so he can't get baptized yet because Law of Chastity. So they are planning on it soon. He's so ready, and honestly has been from the moment I met him on Temple Square. I think he is truly one of those people I promised I would find on my mission. 
Alrighty, well have a good week I love you all to the moon and back.
Love, Sister Cox
Went hiking again today. Will probably go every pday until it's impossible to:) If you have any good recommendations of hikes within 20 min of Temple Square let me know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment