Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Empty Sea

Sister Suzanne Cox
Hello my dear friends and family!

Before I left, my nephews called the MTC (Missionary Training Center) the empty sea and I haven't stopped calling it that since. Ironically though, the MTC is far from empty. I think there are about 2,900 of us here right now. So happy to be part of this work. So many cool human beings here with so many cool stories and so much love for Heavenly Father.

This week has been CRAY-z. The first day was honestly just a blur and the days have been filled with so many ups and downs. It's so easy for me to loose track of the week. But my GORGEOUS companion is there to remind me all the time what day it is. (We literally have to  to be by each other's side 24/7) Bless her beautiful soul. Her name is Sister Fuimaono and she is from Oahu, Hawaii and she was recently Miss Tonga (kind of like Miss America but for Polynesia). She gave up her crown to come serve a mission and she will be with me on Temple Square. So yeah, my first companion is a beauty queen. How cool is that? We are so different but our brains connect so well sometimes. It's incredible. The spirit of God is a real thing my friends.
Sister Fuimaono and I in front of "Holiness to the Lord"

The other sisters in our room are serving in San Diego at the Mormon Battalion Visitor's center. So funny because I went there this summer, and I can totally see them there. I already love them. My district is superb and I learn so much from them every day.
The picture of the four of us: Sister Fuimaono, me, Sister Monson (not related to the prophet) and Sister Williams.

For those of you reading my emails or blog posts who are not LDS or Mormon, I'm sorry for all of the confusing lingo. Feel free to email me and ask if you're curious about anything and TO TELL ME HOW YOUR LIVES ARE GOING. 

My P-day (Preparation day, the day I am able to email you all) is going to be on Tuesday for the rest of my time at the MTC. I will be here for 3 more weeks, and a total of 4 weeks. (Sisters going to Visitor Centers have an extra week of training.)

If you would prefer to send me mail online you can also go through dearelder.com and I will recieve your letter in the mail any day of the week. LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I will talk to you next week. 

xoxo, Sister Cox 





No comments:

Post a Comment