Friday, November 25, 2016

3rd down

3 months here on the mission, 15 to go.

This week:

1. We went to members homes for Thanksgiving and we went with the Robb family for a few hours. They were wonderful and it was nice to be with a family at a home for the holiday. Temple Square mission isn't with a ward so we don't get much interaction in member homes. It made me excited to go outbound (where we go serve in another state in the US for a few months).
The Robb Family

2. Sister Gomes saw her first real snow on Wednesday. It was seriously so beautiful walking around in it at night. God has blessed us with
such a beautiful world I will never get over it. Sorry for no pictures, I'm really not very good at taking pictures of everything.

Their home & my companion for the next 4 days.
3. We have a few investigators that are doing so well. I love them to death. But it's so hard for people to understand that even in the busy times in their life, it is the best time for them to follow Christ completely, to be baptized and to have the Holy Ghost as a constant companion. But I have had a few humbling wake up calls where Heavenly Father has had to remind me that people are ready to be baptized when they are ready, when the Lord has prepared them, not when we as missionaries are ready. But it's important for us also to recognize when people aren't ready. That we sometimes need to move on and find those that are ready right now to accept the Gospel rather than spending our time with someone who isn't going to accept this gospel now, or even in this life because we might miss out on those opportune people.

4. Christmas schedule starts tonight, when the lights turn on in about 15 minutes. President Risenmay told us this week that there are an
estimated 1 million people coming to the square this Christmas season. The part of me that hates crowds is honestly intimidated by that fact, the part of me that loves human beings is excited to experience the Christmas spirit here on Temple Square with all of those incredible people. I will also have a new p-day and assignment next week because transfers are next week. OFFICIALLY ALMOST DONE WITH TRAINING.

5. We went to welfare square and the humanitarian center this week, which are part of our mission and I WOULD LOVE TO SERVE THERE. The welfare program of the church is so wonderful, I have gained a newfound testimony for fast offerings.

Serving at welfare square for the day. About to head home. Recieved free bread. Grateful.

This week, friends, I have a favor to ask of you. Will you send me pictures that we have taken together? I didn't bring pictures with me and have been regretting that the past few weeks and would love to see your familiar faces.

Hope all of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. One of my favourite examples of the Savior and gratitude is the story of the 10 lepers (Luke17:11–18.) Sometimes I wonder, especially lately, if I would be one of the 9 who didn't return to say thank you. Or on the night Jesus
has the sacrament with the 12 disciples and tells them that one of them would betray Him. This is from one of my favourite talks where Dieter F. Uchtdorf reminds us to ask "Lord is it I?" I want to share the very beginning with you:

"It was our beloved Savior’s final night in mortality, the evening before He would offer Himself a ransom for all mankind. As He broke
bread with His disciples, He said something that must have filled their hearts with great alarm and deep sadness. “One of you shall betray me,” He told them.

The disciples didn’t question the truth of what He said. Nor did they look around, point to someone else, and ask, “Is it him?”

Instead, “they were exceeding sorrowful, and began every one of them to say unto him, Lord, is it I?”

If the savior came to the square disguised as a homeless man, or a clean shaven someone in a suit, would I recognize Him? I would like to think I would. Just something I have been thinking about lately.

I love Him. I love you all. And I love this Christmas season.

xoxo,
Sister Cox

I laughed so hard when I saw this very Sister Oeser with "vodka" sauce. Because it's the closest we will ever come to even seeing anything related to alcohol. BTW this mission has the silliest girls handpicked from all over the world, and I suppose I'm one of them. Haha this sauce is actually seriously yum.



No comments:

Post a Comment