Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Arriving at month 10 in 3...2...1...

Arriving at month 10 in 3...2...1. So weird that in three days, I will have been on a mission for 10 months. 

I don't have much time today so I will mostly just share fotos. 

Today the sisters in my district wanted to go to East High where High School Musical was filmed for pday, so we did.
We took family fotos.
And tried to jump all cool like they do, but we really just couldn't even accomplish one successful one. #holdontoyourskirts


And then we went to Crown Burger. Those are some real burgers.


We had MLC this Monday and it was wonderful. The APs spoke about Sacrifice. "To sacrifice is to give up something we value for the sake of something of greater worth. As Latter-Day Saints, we have the opportunity to sacrifice worldly things for the Lord and His kingdom. Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints should be willing to make any sacrifice required by the Lord. If we were not required to make sacrifices, we would never be able to develop the faith necessary for eternal salvation." -True to the Faith

President Risenmay also spoke about the Restoration of the gospel being the root of the gospel tree. It is the pathway to conversion. The brances and fruit on the tree are the fruits of the restoration. Because of the restoration we know about the Plan of Salvation, the full gospel of Jesus Christ, the Laws, ordinances and Commandments, and how to endure to the end. He drew a picture and it was cool to have the visual. I am sorry. I have no cartoon to draw you.

Sister MacFarlane from AK

Sister Pilapitya from Sri Lanka, and Sister Tuttle from California/South Dakota.

We took these lovely folks and their husbands on a tour at Beehive and they were so lovely. When I asked them if they could see themselves joining the church they said probably not. I still believe they will. But the cute old husband before living took my hand in his and with tears in his eyes said, "Thank you for doing this. You did not waste your time." These are the things that make this experience so worth it. 
I love my mission. I love the Savior. I love the people of the World.

Have a wonderful week, sorry for the brevity of this email. I hope to write more next week.
Until then

Sister Cox





No comments:

Post a Comment