Monday, August 28, 2017

Human Air Freshener

Yesterday during Sacrament meeting Brother Woodland in the High Council spoke. He spoke a lot about the Holy Ghost and real joy. He said that, "Happy people are like human air fresheners." I thoroughly enjoy that, because it's so true. Negativity is like stinky, old banana peels in the trash can, mold, bean farts, etc. But when we are positive, genuine, and full of the spirit it has such a wonderful effect on the individual human and all those in their presence. Diffusion process.

Ok & rewind to the beginning of the week:
At the mission office when we ditched Sister Carter;) I got pepper spray (some that was in her purse) on my finger fromjust HOLDING IT gee wiz. Didn't know it was on my finger. Touched my eye. Every tear drop was a waterfall. Haha every time I started talking to someone I had to explain no I hadn't been crying just pepper sprayed myself. Casual. 

Also this week we had a first lesson with a family who was referred by a member. Juan Perez and his son Jacob who is six. His wife is Catholic orthodox and very very very not interested in learning about another faith and Juan is a wonderful husband and would never go against her wishes. It will take a miracle to see them baptized. But good thing Heavenly Father is full of those. In his timing. The son is the cutest little nugget and we connected right away. He loved looking at the Pamphlets about Jesus. He even said a prayer at the end of the lesson after I gave him the key to unzip his lips. (He's the chattiest 6 year old I've ever met)

Other fun things this week:

We got super cussed out by a lady at a trailer park, where one of our investigators lived and then not too long after we were contacting a guy who was high off his rocker and was very much vulgar. I was glad Sister Tang doesn't have a large range vocabulary. But it was cool to talk to him because he sees how much craziness is in the world and that we all need to contribute to the good. It's such a comfort to know and be able to share where that source of goodness comes from. 

Moroni 7:13 
13 ​But behold, that which is of God inviteth and enticeth to do ​​​good​ continually; wherefore, every thing which inviteth and ​​​enticeth​ to do ​​​good​, and to love God, and to serve him, is ​​​inspired​ of God.

And to wrap it up around back to the beginning where we started, we had an awesome lesson in relief society by a Sister about the Holy Ghost. She shared about a missionary who acted on a prompting to put his foot in the door to ask if the uninterested person if anyone else would be interested in the message and the daughter in the home ended up getting baptized. It's like Cinderella when the coachman comes looking for someone to fit into the glass slipper. "Is there anyone else in the house that this slipper might fit?"

I have felt the importance of acting on first promptings before my mission, on my mission and will continue to see the hand of God in my life as I listen to the whispering of the spirit. But we have to take the time and make the space in our lives for him to dwell there. I know right now is a busy time for many, and tbh that is the reason for a lot of doors shut in our face this week. But make some space in your days for the Holy Ghost. So you can be an air freshener for someone! :)

Have a wonderful week!
Love, 
Sister Cox 

No comments:

Post a Comment