Monday, August 21, 2017

Lose yourself

Hello lovelies! 
We accomplished our goals this week and found quite a few new people to teach. Huzzah! Trying to bring fire into this mission, it is burning a slow burn..

It is already transfers, so Sister Carter will be leaving our trio, but Sister Tang and I will stay here in Morgan Hill. I will miss her powerful burps and powerful testimony. 

We also had exchanges wed with Sister Iverson down in Hollister, the Spanish branch (congregation) about 45 min south of here. I got the chance to practice my Spanish again. It was neat, gift of tongues is still real. Sister Iverson is a gem, it was so good spending the day with her. While there, we helped a member who grew up Catholic but hated that her dad always worshipped pictures. At 6 years old she would always chastise him for not praying to God directly. Haha She found our church when she was a teenager and was able to marry her husband in the Temple. None of her family members are LDS so she is totally rejected by family but she is so strong. She fed us Mexican food while we were there and let me tell ya over and over again. I LOVE REAL MEXICAN FOOD.

We had dinner with a family in the ward this week that I took on a tour at the Beehive house while I was at Temple Square, they are an awesome family. What are the odds that I would come to their ward. 

A similar thing last night, the Elders asked us to visit someone in their ward who is living with her inactive daughter. When we got there, Amolia, the sweet old lady, said she had seen me before. We figured out she had seen me at Temple Square while she was living there a few months. Crazy. She is such a Christlike and childlike human. The daughter had no interest in sticking around so we just stayed to talk with Amolia for a little.

She asked us to read the teachings of Gordon B Hinckley. She of course didn't know that that we were reading my favourite chapter: Losing Ourselves in the Service of Others. She also didn't know my companions needed a bit of a lift of encouragement on this topic. It strengthened all of us. One thing President Hinckley said that I love: 

"My message to you today … is that you resolve to dedicate a part of your time, as you map out your life’s work, to those in distress and need, with no consideration of recompense. Your skills are needed, whatever they may be. Your helping hands will lift someone out of the mire of distress. Your steady voice will give encouragement to some who might otherwise simply give up. Your skills can change the lives, in a remarkable and wonderful way, of those who walk in need. If not now, when? If not you, who?
May the real meaning of the gospel distill into our hearts that we may realize that our lives, given us by God our Father, are to be used in the service of others.
If we will give such service, our days will be filled with joy and gladness. More important, they will be consecrated to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and to the blessing of all whose lives we touch." 

This is why I came on a mission. I love Heavenly Father and Jesus and feel such a fullness when I am helping others. There is so much more I could be doing everyday to exemplify this and I hope to intertwine it more into every aspect of my life. My challenge is for you all to do the same and to read Chapter 14 in the Teachings of Gordon B Hinckley. Mosiah 2:17

Will you please send me pics and facts about the Eclipse because I didn't get to see it and I love these things!! And I also love you all :) Have a great week! 







♥ Sister Cox


This is a nice place. I like it. :) (ps sorry my ramen noodles are covering my name tag)


Saw this driving around the other day, isn't this copyrighted by BYU creamery? Someone help me out here... ?
Here is my companion Sister Tang, as a young soul. CUTE AS A BUTTON

DM last week. This is the district. Chocolate milk filled these red solos. Not really sure what gospel principle the elders who initiated this were trying to bring in tbh..but oh whale.

We had horse service. Cleaned up their homes, fed them, etc. It was glorious.. I LOVE HORSES.


Thursday was Don's Birthday Dinner. Jan is one of our investigators, she has recently been going through chemo but she is such a strong, Christlike human who lives her life to help others. Continually always helping other people. Her husband Don here, is a sassy old man and here is him thoughtfully thinking of his birthday wish before blowing out his candle. Love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment