Wednesday, August 2, 2017

OUTBOUND

Hi there hi, 

I have received my new mission within my mission. OUTBOUND CALLS ARE OUT. I have been (temporarily) called to serve in the San Jose, California mission. I'll be leaving next Wednesday, the day I left for the MTC last year, making it my official 1 year mark on a mission. Time flies. I will be there for about 3 months and will return to Temple Square the beginning of November.

I will have a new mission President, new companions, new area, a ward, and the door to door experience. Every other visitor center mission has what are called half-days, where they spend part of the day at the visitor center and the other half with their ward members, proselyting, etc

. But we are at the visitor center all day everyday until outbound. I am so excited to go--have been for a while-- but also excited to eventually return home to my Temple Square family and home. 

One other missionary here, Sister Sneddon from Germany, will be going with me to San Jose. Sister Sookhoo from Canada and Sister Roberts from Washington will be going to Las Vegas, & Sister Hulme, Wight, Naranjo, and Rubio will be going to the Atlanta Georgia mission. Where I also just found out one of them will be serving with my cousin Sister Bench. I'm sending a hug with all of them, cousin friend, because I don't know who you'll be with;) 

I won't spend much time today but I just want to share how much easier life gets when we notice the good things. In the Assembly Hall, there is a flower on the ceiling called the Sego Lily and when the Pioneers first got into the valley it was late in the planting season so they wouldn't be able to have crops for the year. So they prayed for help and the Native Americans in the area taught them if they boil the bulb of the Sego Lily you can eat it and it tastes like a turnip. TBH if I had basically nothing but turnip tasting flowers to eat for an entire year I would get tired of it. But they were so grateful that God answered their prayers so they put it up on the ceiling. And I get to be reminded of it every time I am in there as well. I have also begun a gratitude journal since I have been on my mission--something my mom always recommended but the stubborn annoying me that I was never did. But it has brought so much happiness into every single day, noticing the little gifts God has given me. 
Try it out this week and see if anything changes, will ya? 

Love you all, it may be a bit until I write again and get myself situated in good old Cali. And just a little fun fact, because I have an ipad, we can read our emails every night when we go home. Please know that every single email I read makes me feel so good. Thank you especially to my most consistent email-ers. I appreciate you more than you will ever know. 

Have a wonderful August all! 

Sister Cox

A wonderful family that we took on a tour. They have such a light with them! They didn't refer, so praying their member friends help with what we can't!
Just some little appreciate pics, the sky. 

And one morning I woke up and went into our living room and it was all just so photogenic and peaceful in there I had to capture the moment. Ipads take really nice fotos but I will be happy to be reunited with my DSLR in the near future :)

No comments:

Post a Comment