Friday, September 9, 2016

T SQUARED

I have made it to Temple Square. I am now a real life action figure missionary human. I'm not going to lie, it still doesn't really feel real. It feels like I'm asleep and I will wake up soon to what life was like pre-mission. 17 more months so let the dream continue onward!

So there is too much to explain about this mission and what has happened this week so I'll do my best to keep it short and sweet so I can keep you here with me to the end and so that you will still love me and so you will have time to send me pictures of your faces and lives.

Here is a typical schedule of our day:
In the morning we study for a few hours personally and then with companion (I'll tell you about my new one in a bit), and then the rest of the day is filled with time out on temple square --giving lesson tours, showing videos and meeting people from everywhere. Just today I met people visiting from Belgium, Austrailia, Brazil and all over the U.S. They could have gone to Red Iguana(best food in Salt Lake) or something, but instead they came to Temple Square. God works in mysterious ways. 
We also spend time on Teaching Center. This is a form of missionary work that is unique to visitor center missions. We spend this time to reach out to people through mormon.org and share the gospel of Jesus Christ with them through, chats, emails and phone calls. It has been an incredible experience so far and I can't wait to share the experiences we have there.
We head to our apartment and leave the square around 9. We plan, shower, and then sleep. Glorious sleep.

When I arrived on Tuesday, I left my dear Hawaiian princess companion Sister Fuimaono. We will still see each other around but since there are about 200 sister missionaries here, it is not a frequent thing. I really have come to love her so much and can't wait for the day when she will work for delta and fly me to Hawaii to visit her;) Now I have a new companion and she will be my trainer for at least the next 12 weeks. Her name is Sister Gomes and she is from Brazil. She is a very good soul and I have so much to learn from her.

I know I have left out A LOT of information but if you email me you can ask me anything and I will probably be able to give you an answer. If you are reading off of my blog and need my email, it is suzanne.cox@myldsmail.net.

Also my Pday is on Fridays now for the next long while. I'm sorry pictures will not send right now, I'll send more next week. Plus we get our mission ipad next wednesday, so it will be easier.

I love you all so much. Hike a mountain for me. 
xoxo, 
Sister Cox

New Mailing Address:
50 N West Temple St
Rm BSVC

Salt Lake City, UT 84150

No comments:

Post a Comment