Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Would you like to take a tour?

A few days ago when we got home, a first transfer sister, Sister Cardona from Argentina, was standing in the living room just kind of dazed. We walked up to her and I was like "Hey you alright there?" and she just goes, "Would you like to take a tour?" Straight faced. We all broke down in laughter just dying. The constant teaching and taking tours is turning us into zombies at night who share the gospel in our sleep. But it also turns us into better missionaries. Haha first transfer takes its toll.

Every week during sacrament meeting the Sisters who are going home next transfer give departing talks. This past Sunday my companion gave her departing talk )': She spoke about the Holy Ghost and how when the savior left the disciples He let them know that He would not leave them comfortless. I love the relationship that Jesus has with all of the disciples and it always makes me think of the talk that I love love love by Elder Holland The First and Great Commandment where he says that the "crowning characteristic of love is always loyalty." He also says,

"What I need, Peter, are disciples and I need them forever. I need someone to feed my sheep and save my lambs. I need someone to preach my gospel and defend my faith. I need someone who loves me, truly, truly loves me, and loves what our Father in Heaven has commissioned me to do. Ours is not a feeble message. It is not a fleeting task. It is not hapless; it is not hopeless; it is not to be consigned to the ash heap of history. It is the work of Almighty God, and it is to change the world. So, Peter, for the second and presumably the last time, I am asking you to leave all this and to go teach and testify, labor and serve loyally until the day in which they will do to you exactly what they did to me.”

I'll keep it short this week and leave those words with you and let them chance or inspire you however they may need to. Listen to the whole talk and watch it. His powerful authority always speaks right straight to the soul.
Here is one of our annual mission fotos. If you zoom in real closely you will see the humor in it. (Or the lack thereof) HAhahah good luck finding me it's like a game of I spy.



Hope you are all enjoying this Christmas season. Shout out to my sister Shan and her husband for bringing me Christmas decorations to put in our aparment. I was seriously glowing as bright as the christmas lights at temple square I was so happy when we put them up. I dont have a foto this week but I'll try to send one next week.

Love you all,
xoxox
Sister Cox

Thispicture is one of my favourite human beings, Bob. He is always on the square. He has been in a wheelchair since a traffic accident when he was young and his body and speaking abilities were affected by it. We always see him zooming around in his chair and we walked into the visitor center the other day and he was like this, tilted almost upside down. Hahaha the camera was out and he put up the deuces. He is one of the best souls I've ever known.

No comments:

Post a Comment