Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Que Guay

FYI this week's letter jumps around, I hope you can keep up. 
My name is Sister Cox, sorry for the Ramen noodles covering the name tag.

So we walked into our glorious chapel for sacrament meeting and guess who was sitting on the Stand next to President Risenmay. ELDER COOK WHAT THE WHAT. QUE GUAY. No one knew because he and his wife last minute decided to join because they had later assignments during the day. We were all pleasantly very surprised. He spoke for a few minutes at the end and he said something that I will never forget:

"Now I am not going to tell you any of my sacred experiences because that is something that we do not share with others, but I want you to know that I have seen the Savior's face and I have heard His voice and He is real." 

The prophet and apostles are called by God and they are literal witnesses of the Savior Jesus Christ. This is not just a belief my friends, this is a truth. So grateful to have them in these latter days of increasing chaos. 




Sister Guerrero and I were exploring the Church History Museum for pday today and we found out we both share a favourite scripture in the Book of Mormon. 2 Nephi 30. This painting is such a beautiful depiction of the peace that will be on the earth someday.

So my new companion is the greatest blessing ever. She 1. Is such an incredible human being. 2. Is beautiful. 3. So humble and hardworking 4. Knows how to really enjoy life no matter what circumstance we are in annnnnd 5. Speaks very minimal English. But she has been constantly practicing and working on it and the gift of tongues is real. I have to say though, I always thought I was pretty proficient with the English language. But man has it been a wake up call trying to explain why we have so many versions of words and linking junk and past present future, rules that don't include blah blah blah. I love how many words we have to be able to communicate and express ourselves but holy cow is English complex. Because of this challenge, I am learning right along with Sister Warrior and with all of the miracles we have already seen together I can't wait to see how the Lord continues to work with us this transfer and work with her for the rest of her mission. 
Square friend meeting

So one of our investigators from Canada that I met a few months ago, has been learning about the Gospel for some time. He married a woman from the Philippines who is a member of the church but he is "just spiritual" and doesn't believe in religion. He is an incredible man with a good heart but very very stubborn. These investigators make me think of the ice and snow that accumulates on the streets and side walks. It accumulates around their hearts for some reason or another. But we "are the salt of the earth." (Matt 5, 3 Nephi 12) And just as we toss salt on the ground to melt the ice, we are placing ice on their hearts with the spirit and the love of the Savior but the hardest part is that sometimes they just brush the salt off rather than letting it rest there and soften/melt their icy hard hearts. It really is all in God's timing and I really do enjoy the process of all of this and being part of this great work. 

Music and the Spoken word first Sunday of the transfer, all new sisters and their companions attend. That's us! Sleepy face and Asian eyes, I know. :)




I hope you all have a wonderful week! 
xoxo,
Sister Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment