Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Only a Stone Cutter

This week Sister Guerrero and I watched a short film about a stone cutter who helped to build the Temple here in Salt Lake. He is faithful to his calling his whole life and walks 22 miles to the temple everyday even after losing a leg. One of the first quotes that was said: 
"There are two kinds of people in this world, those who are acted upon and those who act." 

Think about it for second. Which one are you? Which one do you want to be? For me the answer was obvious. Faith with out action is nothing. I love the Bible Dictionary so so so much. It says this about faith: 
"Faith is a principle of action and of power, and by it one can command the elements, heal the sick, and influence any number of circumstances when occasion warrants (Jacob 4:4–7). Even more important, by faith one obtains a remission of sins and eventually can stand in the presence of God." 
I think I could spend the rest of my life studying faith and I would still learn or appreciate something new every time.


Zone activity today, Pizza and played mafia Book of Mormon style.
This week our district buried our swords. Well metaphorically. But kind of literally at the same time. We wrote down things on a piece of paper that we wanted to give up and we actually buried them in the ground. Like the story in Alma 24 when the Anti-Nephi-Lehi's bury their swords because they would rather give up their own lives than to shed the blood of their brethren. So we decided that we would give up something in our lives "in behalf of the welfare of the souls of those who knew not God." (Alma 6:6) I think the gardeners planting the flowers for springtime might be in for a bit of a suprise hahah.
After burial. It had to be at a time during the day when people weren't able to see we didn't want to freak any poor souls out. Cause to be honest it looked a little weird haha.




Love you all, have a wonderful week! Xoxo

Sister Cox
The weather lately has been glorious. The time of night when we took this picture is my favorite. I realized this week my favorite season is the one that's in between. Between fall and spring, between summer and fall, between fall and winter. I dig the change.






No comments:

Post a Comment