Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Hi Hi,

Sorry it's been awhile. My pday switched from Wednesday to Tuesday so I didn't have pday last week. And there is too much to catch up on and I don't have a ton of time but I will share as much as I can.
#princeofpeace. His peace is what moves me forward everyday. :)

General Conference:
Still trying to catch up because we are only able to watch one session and we are out on the square the rest of the time. But the session I watched was exactly what I needed. 
My favourite was....jk I thought I was going to be able to pick but I can't. I loved how simply Sister Jones explained our discipleship not only for our kids and families but also for us individually. Thought of my investigators a lot.
In front of the conference center the Sunday of General Conference, we went to the AM session, this picture was taken before the rush of the crowds. I don't have a picture to share what it looked like later in the day, but the pavement was not seen amongst the many humans.
The talk from Elder Toon Huan Choi was powerful. "When you look up, you will be strengthened to open your mouth to everyone without any fear." So helpful in our missionary work.

Elder Rasband's talk about the spirit. On point.
Conference with Sister Guerrero.
And of course hearing President Monson give his simple but powerful testimony of the Book of Mormon and hearing the continual sustaining of his prophetic and loving leadership was a beautiful way to start the session. 
Transfer Day! She carried this bag of blankets all the way to square and to her new apartment. It's basically as big as her. Don't worry I didn't make her carry it all the way there by herself, but look how funny.
Conference ended out my last days with Sister Warrior. She has officially left the nest, a trained little birdie. She has had a great contribution to my mission and the lives of many and will continue to grow. I love her much. 

Transfers:
New Zone/Assignment: East 1 Beehive House again:) 
Zone leaders: Sister Steffensen from Norway and Sister Romero from Mexico. THEY ARE THE BEST
Companion: Sister Nuttall from California (LA)
Heavenly Father has decided that I am going to look after a district and I look forward to the challenge and of course I am a little nervous. But not fearful. :) The Sisters in my district are awesome. Sister Smith from New Zealand, Sister Silva from Brasil, Sister Hinkey from Washington, and Sister Ranieri from Italy.
My new companion Sister Nuttall, this is the only picture I have with her so far. On the left. Feat. center, a cool contact that we met while we were on desk.
It's been an exhausting week. Missions are hard my friends. Satan is pushing on all sides. But luckily we have a protective bubble that comes from the spirit and I think also our calling as missionaries and the only way he can get in is if we let him. Same with the Savior and the spirit. Choose light. “That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day.” (D&C 50:24) 

Investigators/Square Stories:
It snowed a few days ago. It was gone by the afternoon. lol
Found some new really awesome investigators who visited beehive this week from NC and Ohio, and online as well. Teaching online is a blessing, but I do look forward to going outbound and teaching face to face. Eyes are the window to the soul.  When I was on exchanges with Sister Silva, from the exit of the Beehive house we saw Elder Costa crossing the street but we were finishing a tour so we only saw him from a distance but that was pretty neat, especially after just hearing him speak in General Conference. I did get to listen to him. 

This is all I have time for my people. Until next week. God be with you.

Love, xoxox
Sister Cox
Sister and Elder Sharp have been serving in this mission for 3 years and they left last week. I will miss them dearly.

Went on exchanges with new baby Sister Silva, the schedule is exhausting and it takes adjustment let me tell ya hahah. With Brasilians forever:)


No comments:

Post a Comment