Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Peace Be Unto thy Soul

Hallo

This week was rainy and sunny and cold and warm, good days and not as good days. A few nights ago we left the window open during the night and just heard the rain fall outside. It was lovely.

Having the contrast of good and bad in life, yin and yang, easy and difficult has really helped me to understand God's plan for us all. It helps me to both to not only understand myself and our purpose in this life, but also my relationship with Jesus Christ.

One of the greatest examples to me in handling adversity was Joseph Smith. When he was in Liberty Jail for months, cold, weak, sick and wondering where God was, saying, "O God, where art thou?" He found hope through Heavenly Father's reply and His answer to Joseph's plea has often given me comfort as well:

D&C 121

"7 My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

8 And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

9 Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands."

May God give you the strength to not only endure but to endure things well my friends. I love you and I even though I am thousands of miles from many of you I stand by you, with a warm heart and small, but friendly hands:) Here is a link for the new restoration video that has been playing in the visitor centers everywhere but it's online now. Not as cool as the panoramic view that they have here but still so incredible. It's just a few minutes please watch it. https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/topics/joseph-smith?lang=eng
Music and the spoken word on Sunday we get to go once a transfer, we were on exchanges and I was with Sister Contreras from Chile and Sister Ueno from Japan!

General Conference is this weekend, the new Easter video and message is coming out #princeofpeace March 31, and transfers will be happening next week. It is a good time to be alive.

B4 I go. This has always been one of my favourite scriptures.

2 Nephi 2:11
 11 For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so, my firstborn in the wilderness, righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness nor misery, neither good nor bad. Wherefore, all things must needs be a compound in one; wherefore, if it should be one body it must needs remain as dead, having no life neither death, nor corruption nor incorruption, happiness nor misery, neither sense nor insensibility.


Love,
Sister Cox

No comments:

Post a Comment