Monday, October 16, 2017

I'm a cucumber

It was a wonderful week! 

All week this random cucumber song has been in my head and one random night after a crazy busy day I was singing it and made an analogy about how we need to go through hard things like vinegar to become a pickle and then on Sunday someone spoke about that exact same thing and how our personal conversion sometimes is like the process of becoming a cucumber to a pickle, needing to be cleaned prepared, and then soaked in vinegar for a long time. We are all cucumbers becoming pickles!

Also Erik was baptized this week so that was beautiful. 
We had a big group come for his baptism and he's already doing things like indexing and getting a calling and he's just such a good egg. It'll be weird to leave this branch after becoming so close with everyone just in a few weeks! 

We had a service project a couple mornings ago helping set up a pumpkin patch/carnival event. The parks and recreation director was there and guess what her name was? Yep. Leslie. 😍 (for those who watch parks&rec) 

We went to Santa Cruz today with our district and played on the beach all day and we are taking a bus home, where I am currently writing this email. But I'm starting to get car sick so I will wrap this up quick. 

We are teaching some amazing people right now, one of them is 7th Day Adventist that we met by the bus stop last week and others we met through an institute instructor here at San Jose. Some kids in his class were interested in learning more a little in depth and on a more one to one level. So we are pumped to teach them all more this week. 

I love you all! Let me end with some wholesome readings from this week that I loved:

Read about Nephi being so good at keeping the commandments. I loved his determination, "we won't leave until we have accomplished what our father has asked us to do." I need to have that kind of determination. Figure out what my father wants me to accomplish here or in life, and then do it. And don't give up till I have done it. 

Also read about the parable of the friend at midnight. Someone comes to his friend's home at midnight asking for bread, but he doesn't have bread so he goes to his neighbors house and persistently knocks until he answers and he gives him the bread even though he is hesitant. 
"The Lord’s lesson was, that if man, with all his selfishness and disinclination to give, will nevertheless grant what his neighbor with proper purpose asks and continues to ask in spite of objection and temporary refusal, with assured certainty will God grant what is persistently asked in faith and with righteous intent." 
(Jesus the Christ Ch 26) ASK AND YE SHALL RECEIVE KNOCK AND IT SHALL BE OPENED UNTO YOU. We need to have the faith and be persistent. It will come, and it is always good to ask for good things like the Holy Ghost to be with you. 

Have a great week! I LOVE THE SAN JOSE MISSION AND I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. AND I LOVE YOU ALL 
Our district went to Santa Cruz for pday today



District meeting this week. It's a big district

Pizza lovin

On the way to Santa Cruz 

I've been on my mission for 14 months and so has my roommate sister Larsen.
Eriks baptism! 
Eriks baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment