Monday, October 9, 2017

There's a light at the end of the doughnut

More pics from Santa Cruz last week: is this not just a total iconic Cali pic?
Quote to begin the day: "there's a light at the end of the doughnut." 
District Service at the Institute


Haha just misheard a phrase from Sister Sneddon. She said there's a light at the end of the tunnel but I heard "there's a light at the end of the doughnut." I must have been hungry. There's always a good thing that can come of situations, whether it's light or doughnuts, I know not. But I enjoy both. 

Also I live with Sis Sneddon, Sis Larsen (Utah) and Sis Grumal (Philippines).

Goodbyes with the ward mission leader in mo hill.
This week was full of so many changes..again! I do miss all of my people in good ol' Morgan Hill a lot but it is good to be in the heart of San Jose, right next to San Jose State University. It's interesting being so close to a campus when I'm not going to the campus to study, I'm going there to share the message of the restoration. We've already had some pretty neat experiences and it's definitely a push out of the comfort zone every single day. Haha sometimes it's awkward to be a missionary, but then you just learn to make it not awkward or just shake it off. Like that one time a couple of days ago when I tried really hard to make a conversation out of a bagel sitting on a trash can next to some guys, they were totally not interested. Practice makes perfect. ðŸ˜…
Goodbyes with Peggy and Sis Hansen

The members we are with here are great. It's not a ward but a branch. Which is basically just a small congregation. And it's ysa (young single adult) so everyone is basically age 18-30. 

Amanda..someone will be joining the Branch this week😊 ERIK! ERIK IS GOING TO BE BAPTIZED THIS THURSDAY. Erik saw a booth on campus for institute and decided to sign up as a social thing, started meeting with the missionaries and within a couple weeks is ready to be baptized. He is as gold as Pony boy. 

Sister Sneddon's birthday was this week. She's 20!
Another cool thing this week, I would randomly say things like, "Do you think any of the sisters have a blow dryer I could borrow I don't have one." 
Boom, Found one in the missionary boutique.(a clothing exchange thing for missionaries)
Or "ah I don't have nail polish remover I need to buy some." One minute later opened one of the drawers next to my bed, boom there is a bottle of nail polish remover. And I had lost my water bottle in the transition of transfers. We were at the church building where the mission office is for zone sports on Saturday morning, and just as we were going out the door, Boom there's my water bottle right in front of the door, just sitting there like, "here I am, did you miss me?" YES I DID.

MIRACLES. 

From General Conference last weekend, I loved the talk from Elder Donald L. Hallstrom where he spoke about Miracles. He said:
"Today I testify of miracles. Being a child of God is a miracle. Receiving a body in His image and likeness is a miracle. The gift of a Savior is a miracle. The Atonement of Jesus Christ is a miracle. The potential for eternal life is a miracle."

Because it's OCTOBER

I believe that with ever kinky hair on my head, and I see miracles every single day here on my mission that let me know God exists and hears my hopes and thoughts and desires. Even the small silly ones like, nail polish remover, blow driers and water bottles.

You can find the whole talk on LDS.org. The talk is titled: "Has the day of miracles ceased?" 

I love you all and dont forget to notice the little & big miracles in your life this week! 

Sister Cox



Met this family and had to say goodbye to this family all in one night. LOVE THEM
Read Book of Mormon stories children's picture book, the illustrations are killer like this one of kids playing leapfrog.
Last pic with the Trio before Sister Ting Tang walla walla bing bang left.

No comments:

Post a Comment